Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well Ryan and I both enjoyed our long and relaxing weekend! We may have enjoyed it a bit too much because going back to work this morning was very difficult for both of us!

We started the weekend off in a great way...a classic summertime bonfire! We went up to Smithfield Canyon with our friends Kevin and Tera and roasted marshmallows and starbursts (mmm, if you've never tried roasting a starburst, you must do it next time you're camping!!!)




On Saturday, I had our May Enrichment activity to put on, and it was so much fun! We planted the flower seeds into the flower pots we got from our husbands in church on Mothers Day, we also had a taste-testing/recipe exchange. We planted all the extra pots for the girls who couldn't make it to the activity, and who weren't in church that Sunday (If you're reading this, and you're one of these girls, then please let me know! I have a whole tray of these pots at my house, haha!)


Sunday, we spent the day taking long naps and listening to the rain outside pouring down! It was a great Sunday! We have been really busy the last couple weeks, and haven't had a Sunday at home for long time, so it was great to be able to come home from church get in pj's, and just stay in all day! Later that night, Kevin and Tera came over to celebrate Kevin's birthday with us (it was on Saturday). All we really did was eat this cake I made, it was so cute! I tried to make a baseball cake for Ryan awhile ago, and it was awful! Luckily Kevin's worked out (although getting the red sprinkles all the way down the sides of the ball was quite difficult!)


Then on Monday, Ryan got up before me and made a delicious breakfast of waffles with strawberries and cream, and some scrambled eggs! Then he went to play basketball with some friends, and I stayed home and cleaned my neglected house. Then we took Ryan shopping for some new clothes, and hung out at Sam's Club and picked up a hot dog and soda combo for lunch (I wish baseball fields had a hot dog and soda for $1.50!!!) Then later that night, we went to Wolverine and Costa Vida with Kevin and Tera again!

It was a great weekend! Now the rest of the week should go by pretty quickly, we have 2 weddings to go to, and Ryan has 3 baseball games this week (Tonight, Thursday, and Saturday if anyone is interested in coming!)

p.s. I just had to post pictures of my cute garden, it's only been a week since I planted these seeds and I can't believe how much they have already grown! I think all my plants loved the rain on Sunday as much as we did....check out those beans and lettuce sprouts!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Anna I am so proud of your gardening!! You need to help me do it someday because it confuses me. Also nice job on the cake, how did you do that? It looks cool! Cute pic of Tera and Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy Sundays are the best!! It sounds like a perfect relaxing weekend. I had to work Saturday and Monday, so mine was totally lame! Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you guys had a fun weekend! i'm proud of your gardening skills. btw- i couldn't make it to church or to your gardening activity to get a pot, but i'd love to still have one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna you are so cute! I love your little garden. I want one of those!

    ReplyDelete