Monday, August 16, 2010

I PASSED!


Today I took my state board exam for cosmetology/barbering and....

I passed!

I'm so excited, I've been SO stressed over this day coming, and I can't believe I actually passed it, everything that could have gone wrong...went wrong! The nail tip on my mannequin finger popped off right at the beginning of the sculptured nail portion, I forgot to drape and protect the hair on my mannequin during the basic facial portion...until after I'd already applied the cleansing cream, and I didn't know we were not supposed to use trimmers to go around the edges of the hairline on the men's haircut...and I did! Oh my heck! I was dying, and I thought in my mind that at least I was getting really good practice for the next time I'd have to take it, and when we left the building and got to read the results I was honestly the most shocked I've ever been! I couldn't be any happier right now! There were 4 of us girls who took it today from my school, and all 4 of us passed!

And to top it off, when I came home, Ryan had gotten me flowers and a cute card to congratulate me, and left it on the counter for me! Such a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! its such a wondeful feeling to have that test behind you!!!!!!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! That is awesome. SO Happy for you. If you need a place to work my brother and sis-in-law just opened up a salon in Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! Congratulations! That is so exciting. You must be so good that those other little things probably didn't matter. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! I bet that is the best feeling! So glad Ryan got you flowers too! I am very happy for you Anna! Love you oh so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay I am so happy for you! If you ever need to practice nails you can use my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats Anna!!! That is so exciting for you!

    ReplyDelete