Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Father's Day!

This year I was able to get Ryan his first official Father's Day gift! I was so excited to be able to celebrate this with him at such an exciting time in our lives. I didn't want to get him just a cliche gift (I'm sure he will get plenty of years of that to come!) So for his first gift ever, I got him a fishing trip!

We were supposed to go fishing on our second date about 4 years ago, and we have never been! So I decided that since he loves it so much, and we won't ever have another vacation without kids, it was a perfect time to give it to him! We went up to his family cabin in Pine, ID and spent the weekend on the south fork of the Boise River.

It was so relaxing to be outdoors and just let time waste away! Ryan caught 4 fish, one got away, two were gross carp, and one was a prized 14 inch rainbow trout! It was so fun to see him get exciting about fishing and doing what he loves and finally be able to share that with him. He taught me how to cast the line, and said I was really good, but unfortunately I wasn't good enough to catch anything.

The rest of the weekend was spent eating yummy meals, and way too many snacks, watching movies, sleeping in and talking naps. It was wonderful! A perfect way to relax out before moving and starting school in the next two weeks!

The prized trout!
hangin' out on the river

bringing up the little fishy

"Got one!"

1 comment:

  1. that really is the perfect vacay if you ask me! so fun. we want to go with you guys there sometime. you are always so good at giving gifts! Anna i really am sad that you are leaving me, i know i've said that before but really...

    ReplyDelete