Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ryan's 27th Birthday

On October 10 Ryan turned 27. He likes to tell people he is 30 though, since he can round up....crazy guy. He had to work all day on his birthday, so I had all day to prepare. 
I was super excited about an 'activity' (as I called it) that I'd come up with. A couple days earlier, I'd asked Ryan's parents, and sisters to share 3 of their favorite things about Ryan, or a favorite memory about Ryan. Ty and Maddie also contributed, and of course Easton. It was so much fun to see what everyone came up with! Once I had everyone's comment, it added up to 27, I typed them up, printed them off, and tied them to the end of 27 balloons. Ryan had to read each one aloud, and try to guess who had said what. He started out pretty good and got most right, until he got to little Maddie's...she tricked him everytime! Way to go Maddie! It was such a fun thing, and I'm thinking about making it a tradition from now on. 
For dinner I'd made his go-to birthday dinner: Terriyaki London Broil, steamed broccoli with cheese, garlic bread and baked potatoes, we have this every year on October 10, no fail. 
I also made him a fun birthday cake, and realized we had no cocoa to make the frosting chocolatey and brown, so I ended up using Hershey's syrup...totally worked if you're wondering! It was just REALLY sweet!
Ryan was spoiled and got a couple girft cards to Nike and Amazon, new headphones, golf club covers, and an awesome plaque about the 2010 World Series, when the the Giants won. 

27 Reason Why We Love Ryan.

Birthday Cake!

Delicious Dinner

Balloon game.

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear Ryan, Happy Birthday to you!!! 


Everyone's Comments for the Balloon Game:

  • I remember Ryan throwing Puff off of the deck into the snow. (Lauren)
  • I remember Ryan locking me and my friend in his closet and calling it "Birdy Boiler" (Lauren)
  • I remember when I first came into high school all the teachers, juniors and seniors would ask if I was related to Ryn when they heard my last name was Doyle...I was a lot cooler cause I was related to him. (Lauren)
  • I really like to play basketball with Ryan and be his rebounder. (Easton)
  • I like to say your name "dah dah" a lot...for everything! (Easton)
  • I remember the day when Ryan introduced me to my best friend Toby...I will never be able to tell him how much I appreciated him that moment. (Easton)
  • Ryan always saying "You're on a Need-To-Know basis, and you don't need to know." (Kim, mom)
  • "I'm not mad ---- I have my game face on." (Kim, mom)
  • Ryan is always able to make me laugh! I love his sense of humor! (Julie)
  • I'm jealous of the way he can absorb information and learn things so easily. (Julie)
  • I look up to Ryan for the good person he is, for the good decisions he has made in his life, and for how much he loves and takes care of his family. (Julie)
  • I like that he is my Uncle. (Ty)
  • I liked watching him jump off the balcony into the swimming pool. (Ty)
  • I liked to go and watch him play at his baseball games. (Ty)
  • I liked going to visit him in Las Vegas. (Ty)
  • He was so proud of the fact that he got his name on the board....with a checkmark....at school! (Norm)
  • I'll never forget the smirky smile he had on his face as he rode down the escalator at the Salt Lake airport coming home from his mission. (Norm, dad)
  • His determination to excel at whatever he does. (Norm, dad)
  • I will never forget the hug that he gave me when he left on his mission...no words were needed and we both left in tears. (Kristin)
  • I remember how excited he was on one Christmas morning when he saw that he had got a Nintendo (can't remember if it was XBox or Super Nintendo) I don't think I've ever seen him so excited. (Kristin)
  • I remember how much "fun" we used to have moving pipe together....PUSH PULL PUSH PULL!!! Eventually he would just rather do it himself! (Kristin)
  • I think that he is handsome. (Maddie)
  • I like that he plays with me. (Maddie)
  • I like Ryan because he comes over to our house sometimes. (Maddie)
  • I remember watching you graduate from USU and bawling my eyes out. (Anna)
  • I remember when Ryan slammed onto the brakes while I wasn't buckled into the seatbelt and tumbling off my seat and under the dashboard. (Anna)
  • I remember walking back to the car after USU games with Ryan, and watching him slip and slide down the snowy hills, and falling all the way down! (Anna)

No comments:

Post a Comment