If any of you haven't heard about Birchbox, then you are just like me about a month ago. I looked into it after hearing about a bunch of friends who love it, and I couldn't find any reason not to sign up! It sounds like such an amazing program, you can sign up for yearly subscriptions for $110 (a month free!) or monthly subscriptions, where you just pay $10 a month. They send a box every month full of different products to try out, including hair products, skin care, makeup and nail polishes. I can't wait for my first box! If you are interested, then follow this link below to sign up!http://www.birchbox.com?raf=x2d68
Tuesday, February 14, 2012
Today I get to celebrate Valentines Day with TWO Valentines! I love the two boys in my life more than anything!!! They are both amazing, handsome, thoughtful (Easton sent flowers!) and so so sweet to me!
I hope everyone is spending today with the people they love most! Whether it's family, kids, boyfriends, girlfriends, grandkids, a spouse, parents, grandparents, friends, etc. Today is a day for LOVE! So spread some love around your life! Enjoy this video, and remember it's about being together, not about the gifts you may or may not get.
Thursday, February 9, 2012
Yesterday our mini man of the house turned 7 months old! He is as active as ever and is very proud of himself when he does something new! He has been a lot more interactive lately and LOVES when he gets our attention, he has the funniest grin when we look at him, like he's thinking "now what should I do?!"
People continually stop me in the grocery store or just while out and about anywhere and always compliment his cheeks, they can't get enough of them!
He is just so funny and doing new things every day, I feel like I can't keep up with all the things he is learning, but here are a few milestones he has reached:
- weighs: 22.5 pounds
- 28 inches tall
- He rolls everywhere he can! We have found him on the tile floor enjoying the coolness of it. He rolled to the DVD player, pushed the eject button, and pulled out the DVD and started sucking on it, (impressive right?!), he has rolled into the wall a couple times, and he is getting tougher and rarely cries when he bumps his head.
- He has become quite an impressive sitter. And when he sits, he gets SO proud of himself! He waves his arms and smiles from ear to ear!
- His favorite toys include: his crinkly book, a noisy steering wheel that makes siren noises and honks, his baby einstein piano, and of course Toby his tiger!
- He currently has a little bit of a cold and suddenly is fighting us when we suck his boogers out of his nose. He used to smile and not care while we did it, and now he screams.
- He is still loving his solid foods, more than his bottle for sure. He gets bored and distracted while drinking from his bottle. But he has moved up to the #3 flow nipple in the Avent brand bottles, and the fast flow nipple in the Playtex brand bottles.
- Still loves bath time and could stay in there all night. We've officially retired the baby tub, and he is now a 'big kid' and lays in just the tub. He has started rolling over in the water, and learned the hard way not to lay down while on his belly, haha it was sad and funny to see his face after that. He also sneezed into the water while on his belly and he was amazed and the waves and bubbles he made in the water!
- He does not like to stay on his back while getting his diaper changed. He will stay flat while you take off the dirty one and wipe him down, but once he is clean, he flips right over and moons you!
- He loves to have conversations. When you mimic him, he gets excited and keeps making noises for you to copy. He is very happy when you talk his language with him.
- Every night while we eat dinner, he sits in his booster seat by us and slaps his tray. Ryan has started slapping the table at the same time he does, and Easton thinks it is the funnest game ever!
- He still sleeps 12 hours a night and waits patiently in his crib until we come to get him. He never ever ever cries when he wakes up, he just entertains himself quietly. Amazing.
- He loves to ride in the grocery cart, he looks around at everything with a big cheesy grin and hold onto my hands while I push it, it's adorable!
- His schedule is as follows:
7:30- wake up, 8 oz formula, then play
8:30- oatmeal and fruit, then play
9:30 or 10- nap time
12:30- wake up, 6 oz. formula, then play
1:30- mixed grain and fruit or veggies, then play
2:30 or 3:00- nap time
4:30 or 5:00- wake up, 4 oz. formula
5:30- rice and veggies, then play
7:00- bathtime and 8 oz. formula