Sunday, September 28, 2008

quarks

it's taken me awhile to get to this tag because i have been thinking it over very carefully until i had my top 6 quirks picked (there weren't many to choose from...ha!) so what this post is, is 6 of the weird quarky things i always do:

1. Things must be organized! When I get home from work all I really want to do it relax, but somehow I always find things that “have” to be picked up ASAP. For instance if there is one bowl in the sink, I end up cleaning the whole kitchen, while I’m doing that I’ll find a paper that needs to be put away in the file upstairs, so I end up re-organizing the whole file, then the room that it’s in, etc.

2. When I watch “my” shows (Grey’s Anatomy, The Biggest Loser, America’s Next Top Model) I go into a zone where I will not be disturbed, everything else in my world is put on hold for that hour, I ignore my phone, the Internet, sometimes even Ryan, poor guy, he still loves me though!

3. When we eat out at restaurants I always order something that comes with fries, and if it doesn’t come with them, then I substitute something for them. I figure that I can’t make them at home, so I might as well enjoy them while I’m out.

4. I have to wash my hair everyday. Some people can go a day or two before they wash it, but I feel like a complete slob if I don’t, I have naturally oily hair so I feel very self conscious of it if it’s not cleaned every day. (this is one of my quirks that I wish I could do without, it’s quite the nuisance.)

5. I set my alarm 10-15 minutes before i need to get up. As the alarm is going off I don’t even press the snooze, I know it will go off again 5 minutes from then, so I just lay in my comfy position listening to it until I’m awake and know that I can’t procrastinate the shower any more. Ryan hates this one, haha. (also my alarm tone is one of the most annoying songs in the world, it came with the phone I got from my friend “This is the way I live, big boys still hitting somethin’ somethin’, got my money lay low and chill…”

6. I always always always wear earrings. When I was little my parents wouldn’t let me get my ears pierced until I was 12, and I always felt so homely and boyish without them, so once I FINALLY got them pierced I subconsciously always made sure I had in earrings so I wouldn’t look like a boy, and it’s stuck with me and I still do it.


ok, so now that you know all about me and my weird ways, it's your turn! i tag anyone who wants to share their deeps dark secrets with the blogging world!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely MUST wash my hair every day too. My stylist gets mad at me, telling me it will dry it out. But the truth is, I have a terrible cowlick and in the morning---Oooooo wheeee! It is a nightmare! I look like a scarecrow. Michael always wonders---how does your hair go from that (bad, scary hair) to THAT (soft, perfectly styled hair. :)) ??? It's funny. But a wash a day is a must!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha anna i love this blog. first of all, i have to wash my hair EVERY day too, maybe it's a blonde thing? and your alarm/ring tone is SO funny. i have to do the same thing, and i love how you know all the words to the song... not! haha

    ReplyDelete