Tuesday, September 9, 2008

we're here!

alright, so once we got home from our anniversary, the packing began. we did lots of dumpster diving in cardboard recycling bins looking for big huge boxes! and then every night last week consisted of a couple hours dedicated to packing. We got most of it done by Friday night, and then Saturday morning came (along with our amazing friends, Kevin, Greg and Karly and their helpful trucks) and the loading began. It took us 4 and half hours to get everything moved out, moved in, and cleaned. Then everyone left and Ryan and I were stuck in a sea of boxes.
Then we began the unpacking. Ryan started in the laundry room setting up the washer and dryer (by the way, who knew you have to buy a NEW cord for a dryer every time you move? we didn't) and I started in the kitchen unloading the boxes. about 6 hours later, we made a late night run to Smiths to get some groceries, made a midnight frozen pizza dinner, and then hit the sack. We woke up in the morning, came downstairs and were a little disappointed in the small dent we'd made in the pile of boxes the night before. But by the end of the day, and after a lot of hard work, everything was unpacked, put away, and the boxes were back in the recycling bins where they belong! We LOVE our new house!

The first picture is of some boxes in our old apartment, this was after only one night of packing, I couldn't get all the boxes to fit in one picture after we were all done with the packing!

the rest of the pictures are all the before pictures of our new place...my goal this week: to get all the pictures hung, the tables sanded and stained, and get a couple more furniture pieces (you can tell our bedroom is desperate for help! it ECHOES!) so enjoy these before pictures....I want you to appreciate the after pictures :)









7 comments:

  1. Are those new couches I see??? It looks like Anna won:) I'm so excited for you guys! It looks like a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like fun you guys. I like that dining room table. I am so jealous that you guys have moved in....we still have 15 days to go and it cannot come fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh its darling! did you buy new couches? good job moving is hard work and i don't look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new home looks fabulous! We're sure going to miss you in the ward - and we never even got to go visiting teaching. :) Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha that made me really happy to see that in the midst of all the moving and craziness that you had your telescope. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the new place! Our kitchen is 1/2 that size! I'm jealous! (Even though I don't cook!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna I did not know you had a blog! I love the pictures of your townhouse! We should visit eachothers places sometime...yea I know its a long shot with our busy busy lives, but I would LOVE to see you!!

    ReplyDelete