Friday, August 1, 2014

St. George and Zions with the Broadbent fam

My family planned a weekend trip to Zions National Park this year, and we stayed at my mom's friend Leslie's gorgeous home! It was so much fun to meet up with everyone! Easton LOVED playing with his cousins all weekend, and running around spending quality time with his grandparents, aunts and uncles!
On Thursday night, we went the DUB's BBQ for dinner, then headed back to the house to put the kids down. The rest of the family had stopped at Kolob Canyon on their way to St. George, so they were pretty pooped from a long day of traveling and sight-seeing.
Friday, we went into Zion's Park and spent the day on the fun tour bus, and hiking a few simple hikes with the kids. We found a nice big tree and had a mini picnic, then my mom and I and Easton, and Clark and Annie and the boys headed back home, while the rest of the family stayed to travel up to the top of the canyon, and hike some more. Annie and I went to Deseret Book to get me some new maternity garments (yay so exciting, haha!) and also to Tai Pan to get a few things for Easton's new big boy room. We met up with the rest of the family at The BrickOven for a yummy pizza dinner that night, and then headed back home to go to bed! I colored Annie's hair that night, and it turned out great despite the late hours haha!
Saturday morning, my dad, Michelle, Jeanette and I went to a session at the St. George temple...so pretty! Afterwards we met up with everyone else at the Children's Museum, then we split up again...my mom, Jeanette, Easton and I went to Chik Fil A and the outlets to shop. Clark and Annie and the boys went back to the house to nap. And my dad and the Welling fam went for a drive up Snow Canyon and to see the Tuachan venue. That night after we were all done with our little adventures, we all headed to Mesquite to the Virgin River Buffet. So tasty, Easton and Jack at almost all the jello and ice cream that place has to offer, and Easton made sure Grandma was accompanied 100% of the time by never leaving her side!
We headed back home after dinner, and everyone else went back up to St. George, then home to Ogden the next morning. It was such a fun little trip, and so great to see everyone! I love my family so much and we always have fun together!

hiking at Zion's

walking through the waterfall with Michelle

playing on the 'shower' with Grandma

gorgeous views everywhere you look!

Diet Cokes and Smoothie's with Grandma while we waited for everyone else to finish their hike. 

Easton didn't want to stay in bed, so the most awesome Grandpa ever decided it was a good night for a sleepover. cutest thing EVER!

Morning at the temple with some of my very favorite people!

Children's Museum.

playing with the buckets on the 'ship' with Luke and Grandpa

pancake breakfast with cousins and Leslie's grandkids!

No comments:

Post a Comment