Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

first Mother's Day together
Happy Mother's Day!

It's amazing to think back on how many people have helped me be the person I am today. My mom especially. Happy Mother's Day to her. She is a shining example of motherhood, and is perfect in my eyes. I love her so much, and am so grateful for all the things she has taught me. From how to sew a dress...she helped me make the dress I'm wearing in the picture above, over the phone, from hundreds of miles away...to how to cook and bake...to how to be a strong member of the church...all the things I am today, I attribute to her. I love and look up to my mom more than words can explain. 

There are so many other women in my life who I think about on Mother's Day as well, whether they are still here, or passed away. My Grandma's, Ryan's Grandma's, His wonderful mom Kim, my two sisters, my four sister-in-laws. My aunts, and cousins. I have so many friends who have all become mom's recently, and look up to them as well. It's incredible to think of the things you each have gone through and accomplished, trials and triumphs. You are all amazing. I really am so lucky to be surrounded by such strong women who are, or will be mom's, who have helped raise me, and are helping raise my little boy with their words of encouragement and advice. 

Today is one of my favorite days, if you can't tell. I hope that you all had a beautiful Mother's Day, and know of my love and appreciation for all of you!


Ryan made my first Mother's Day so wonderful! I'm so lucky that he is my man! Even in the midst of finals coming up next week. He took Easton and I to dinner on Friday night at a yummy restaurant I chose called Brio. It's a delicious Tuscan Grill in an big shopping center area called Town Square. It was so delicious, and Easton was such an angel! He smiled at anyone who passed by, flirted with the waitress, and loved rubbing his little hands across the tablecloth! 

Saturday, we ran a 5K together as a family, and with my friend Natalie and her cute daughter. More info on that later. He had to study all day and into the night. But he came home early enough to put his baby boy to bed, and bring me some gorgeous flowers and a cute picture he had blown up and framed of him and my cute babe. Such a sweet and thoughtful gift!

And this morning, we slept in (on accident) and he still made me a yummy strawberry banana smoothie for breakfast, and took care of Easton while I got ready for church. Once we made it to church, we had some great speakers, the kids in our primary class were hilarious. During Sunday School, the Priesthood took over Primary so all the women could enjoy a yummy brunch of delicious fruits and a chocolate fountain! It was so much fun to just relax and talk with such fun amazing women. Easton was so cute, him and his friend Owen who is 2 months older, crawl-chased each other between tables! 
After church, we came home, Easton took a long nap, and so did his mama. Poor Ryan had to study again. Can't wait until next week when finals are over and we can just spend every minute together as a family! 

He did take a break for dinner, and grilled some yummy steaks for dinner. Then, (even though I know it's Sunday...) He topped it off with taking me up to Sonic for a delicious Diet Coke and carmel sundae! Easton even fell asleep in my arms while I put him to bed. 
My first Mother's Day was really perfect. I am beyond blessed to be able to be a part of these two boys lives. I love them so much and don't know what or where I'd be without them.


Dinner at Brio

Sweet Sweet baby boy with Toby, his best friend

a very messy Mother's Day dinner on a very cute face!
I just love this commercial, and had to share it for Mother's Day. It gets me every time and I cry before it even starts. Such a sweet message!

5 comments:

  1. A soon as I opened your blog I thought "that dress is so cute!" And then I read that you MADE it! You are amazing! Happy mother's day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking the same thing about your dress! I love it! Is it from a pattern? Easton is such a dreamboat already. You guys made one cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, Can I just tell you that I just LOVE you!!!! I wish I was you! I'm glad you had a great 1st mothers day. Ryan and Easton are so lucky to have you as the momma. You are so talented Miss your face. Glad I have you close to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute dress! Good job! That commercial is the best! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete