Monday, March 24, 2008

my sad shoes.


so...there's a story to this pitiful little picture of my favorite shoes. here it goes:

now, not everyone understands the attachment i have to these shoes. i got them last spring, and i wear them almost every single day. they're not only the most comfortable shoes i've ever owned, but they also matched EVERYTHING! they were white with a tan toe and just absolutely a classic "anna shoe". so since i wear them everyday, i haven't ever washed them though because obviously i'm to antsy to wear them again so they wouldn't have time to dry out....so flash-forward to this past weekend, i went home to my parents house and brought all of our laundry with me. my parents recently bought a new washer which is INTENSE! it's a front loader with tons of setting, and beepers and might as well have bells and whistles too! so anyway, since i was there for three days, i figured once all my laundry was done i might as well wash my very very very favorite shoes, since they have gained a lot of dirt on them (they weren't quite white anymore). so i put them in on the 'sanitize' setting. why not right! well, after a TWO HOUR wash, and some really really really hot and steamy water...i opened the washer. and this is what i found.

apparently there was some (and when i say some, i mean A LOT) of red dye in the sole of the shoe. so they turned pink....yeah yeah yeah, i know what you're thinking "why not still wear them, just with pink clothes or something." well i can't. the hot water shrunk them down about a whole size.

SO conclusion of my story. my favorite white 7 1/2 size shoes are now hot pink size 6 1/2 shoes. and i'm not very happy.

if you know anyone who could give my shoes a good home, let me know, until then, they'll sit on my bedroom floor and make me sad every time i see them.

6 comments:

  1. this is such an anna thing to post and i LOVE it

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats a sad story! But ya isn't it great that we both got engaged fast! I'm so crazy about him and I know its RIGHT! so why delay it? Our bishop was like get married! ha ha but everyone seems to be very supportive its great!!! any wedding planning tips you have let me know ASAP... i don't know where to start.. lol SURE LOVE YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally sad! I probably would have cried! They are still way cute...if only I could squeeze into a 6.5. Can you get more? If you find them let me know...they look almost as cute as my old man loafers (no, I still haven't bought them yet).

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS-I don't think these are the exact same...but look what I found: http://www5.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?ItemID=137615e&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=mudd&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&CmCatId=SearchResults&mscssid=66eb85b66a5284b56aa6bb668f79ab531xMnVNoVzaGoxMnVNoVzaGW200B5B5604B355301AB516CD5CE2F785321A0808505&Search1Prod=True
    I hope that works!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha man anna i love you! hey i have smallish feet if your looking for a home, i dont wear much hot pink though!!

    ReplyDelete