Sunday, December 28, 2008

the busiest time of the year!

I hope everyone out there in blog world had a wonderful Christmas! I know that we sure did! It was quite the busy week, but we've made it through and couldn't have had a better time! As you know from our last post, we got home from DC on Monday. Tuesday was a normal day for us, with a day of work and a special home cooked (mmm...home cooked!) meal that I made for the two of us. (you can find the recipe here http://kristindahlskitchen.blogspot.com/. Then Wednesday is when the festivities began, Ryan worked until noon, we ran a couple of errands, then headed over to the Doyle's for Christmas Eve. We discovered that Daxon is the only Dahl boy that isn't scared of Tillis:

We had fun playing with the boys:

and Ryan surprised me with Mario Kart for the WII for my Christmas Eve present. We played it all night long! The boys loved "playing" it with us, and we even found out the Maddie likes the WII too!


After we were all WII'd out, Ryan and I headed home for the night, and then came back in the morning to open all our gifts, this was my stack. I got everything that I'd asked for! I felt very spoiled!

After we'd had a delicious breakfast and presents with the Doyle's, we headed down to my parents house for the afternoon. This year we got our present from my parents early. They bought us our bed back in October and we LOVE it! So for all of you that have been waiting for the picture of it (Nat....) here is is finally:

we love our bed so much and couldn't be happier with it! I think it's so pretty! The rest of the day we spent hanging out with the family and enjoyed watching the little kids open their presents, they were so cute!


Ryan also found that Santa/Anna had one more present that had been dropped off at the wrong house! My mom helped me out with this one, Ryan has been wanting a USU banana chair to sit in while he plays the PS3, so I got one and left it at my parents house, and mom had it all set up for him when we got there, he found this "to/from" tag and followed the string down the hallway and into the bedroom where the end of the string was tied to the chair...he was so happy!


Christmas night we got snowed in, and Sardine Canyon was closed, so we ended up staying the night in Ogden. On the 26th was the Broadbent family Christmas party which is my dad's side of the family. It was Ryan's first time attending and I think he had a pretty good time. We had delicious pizza made my Uncle Dave's pizza place and had fun playing human foozball and of course...the family picture! It was all a fun time. Afterwards we were on our way "home" and when we got the the freeway, Ryan turned onto the southbound on-ramp instead of northbound on-ramp to Logan. I was really confused at first, but Ryan had it all figured out! My birthday was the next day on the 27th, so he had booked a hotel suite in Salt Lake for the night and then took me shopping at the Gateway all day the next day. It was SUCH a great surprise and it was so much fun! It was a perfect birthday! After shopping we headed back up to Ogden to go out to dinner with my parents at Rooster's on 25th Street in Ogden. (If your from the Ogden area and never been, I highly suggest you go...it's SOOO good!) Then we went back to their house for cake and presents. The only birthday picture we got was of my cake...angel food cake, I have it every year, it's my favorite!


So as you can tell, we had a great holiday week and are looking forward to the new year! bring on 2009!!!!

3 comments: