Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Temples


Tonight Ryan and I are going to meet with our Bishop to get our special temple dedication recommends. On Sunday, the new Draper Temple will be dedicated.

In our stake, each ward will go to church for only 2 hours instead of 3, and then at 4:00, each ward will be able to come back to the church and watch the broadcast of the dedication. I'm so excited to attend, because I've never actually seen a temple be dedicated. On Sunday, our stake counselor told us, that for that time period, our stake center will be treated as if it is a temple itself, they will be checking for each persons special recommend before they are able to enter in, then we will be seated and be able to watch as the events take place!

I really can't wait, I think Sunday will be such a great day! I added a video I saw on youtube, of why the LDS church builds temples, I think it's a really neat video, as it interviews people who aren't even of our faith, but can still understand and respect our temples.

3 comments:

  1. I came to your blog from Katie' Ritch's blog.
    I went to the Chicago Temple dedication when I was 8 years old and I stil remeber almost every detail, it was wonderful.
    I enjoyed your green dinner! We're all about having fun in the kitchen.:)
    -Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, send me your e mail and I'll send the ab workout you wanted. Send it to jwilson@lcsd2.org. Thanks, Mr. Wilson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome video! I love it!

    ReplyDelete