Monday, May 18, 2009

April showers (and snow storms) bring May flowers (and veggies)


I finally got my garden planted! It's just a small one, but I know it will produce more food than Ryan I will be able to eat, so it should be plenty for us! I can't wait for the veggies to start growing! I planted green beans, lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, green peppers, and roma tomatoes! I wish that instead of little seeds and tiny sprouts that it was already producing! mmm, I love summer dinners full of fresh vegetables! Let's hope I can keep them all alive!


I also planted some pretty flowers by the front door. I made sure to get the kind of flowers that are good for cutting to put in a vase, but will still keep growing back. I'm pretty excited for these little beauties to start growing too, I'm most excited for the gerber daisies! They are the epitome of a happy summer I think! Hopefully I'll be able to keep all my plants alive this year, last year they were so pretty for about a month, and then the sun fried them, I think I have enough shade this year for them though, keep your fingers crossed for me!


Maybe these new neighbors of our will help keep my plants alive and well...unless the nice treat we got them doesn't kill them first (wasp spray) we've found these two beehives in our window above the grill, one in the grill, and one was in the long pot. The one in the pot and grill we knocked out because they were still small enough, but these two keep growing! I'm really hoping the spray works quickly, because there are more and more bees outside our back door every day!

1 comment:

  1. I just bought three of the same tomato pots and will maybe be buying my plants today! Do you have any tomato tips for me since I am new to this?

    ReplyDelete