Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's a boy!

We went to Fetal Fotos in Murray after Ryan's interviews at the U of U on Thursday (everyone cross your fingers he gets into their PT program!!!!) and we found out we're having a
BOY!

I was only 13.5 weeks along so it's still realllllly early to tell! But hopefully this babe won't be pulling any tricks on us and switching genders before the 20 week ultrasound with our doctor.

Here is the proof, all you other moms out there, tell me how real 'it' looks to you. (I heard some baby girls might be swollen and look like a boy?)

first view, kneeling down with bum in the air...and the manhood!
Next proof, laying upside down, and manhood is right there....I feel pretty certain it's a boy, but I want your input too!








This little babe made for an interesting and now funny trip to Salt Lake. At the time though...not so funny!

Ryan pulled over at an exit in Ogden to get gas, I am sitting in the car waiting, feeling just fine. Ryan gets back on the freeway, not even on again for 10 seconds, and I start gagging...bad! I told him I thought I was going to throw up, he asked if he should pull over right there on the freeway, or pull off the next exit, and before I had time to even answer, I'd thrown up in my hands, on my shirt, and coat, and pants. Lovely! Probably the most disgusting of my embarrassing moments! He pulled over and I got cleaned up (with my gloves cause we didn't have napkins in the car) and Ryan gave me his pajama shirt to change into.

So, back on the freeway, now wearing a huge men's t-shirt, throw up stained pants, and fuzzy socks...we make it to the U of U, and I was reading directions to the building off of Ryan's phone to him while he was driving up the windy roads. By the time we got to the parking lot, I had to get out again while he looked for a parking spot cause I was too nauseous again. So, I'm standing over a dead flower bed, in my lovely outfit, throwing up, while applicants are walking by me up to their interviews. Talk about horrifying! Ryan finally pulled back up next to me, and said he couldn't find a spot anywhere, and was going to be late. So off he went, and I was stuck with a car running in the middle of the parking lot while I stood there finishing my 'business'.

It wasn't the greatest start to the day! But it makes for a funny story now! The rest of the day went great! I got a whole new CLEAN outfit to wear for the rest of the day, we went to lunch, found out we're having a son, I got to see my friend Allie, and we went to dinner with our friends Alex and Danielle, AND Ryan's interviews were awesome! I'd say the pro's definitely outweighed the con's that day!


8 comments:

  1. You didn't tell me about your "incident!" Oh I am dying. That is too funny! You're a doll!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! how sad! you poor thing :( but yay on having a boy! that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! How exciting! Congratulations! But your whole day of throwing up sounds awful, im sorry!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an eventful day! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I had a feeling you were having a boy! Boys are really fun and I knew with my first one that I was having a boy too, it's just a feeling you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the Boy! And I am sorry to hear about the throw up experience. I had many of those. My best was throwing up while leaning out the door of our truck right in front of the Wal-Mart doors while people are walking out. LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the horrible start to a wonderful day! I had to throw up on the freeway when I was pregers with Carter...and Gooch's were in the car. Not near as bad but I still felt dumb. Oh and I really think its a boy with that first pic. That looks just like my 2 boys have in their pics! Yeah for boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! You should have stopped by. We live in Ogden :( CONGRATS on a cute boy!

    ReplyDelete