Tuesday, March 13, 2012

visitors!


About two weeks ago my mom and sister Michelle came down to visit us. It was SO great to see them and have my family around to hang out. I forget how fun it is to have family around to do just random everyday tasks like running errands. Going to the grocery store with them is WAY funner than going by myself! We had an amazing time, and I hope they were able to relax and enjoy their vacation too!
They came into town on Thursday, and we hung out with Easton for a little while, and then watched TV while he took a nap. Once he woke up, we took off to Costco and got some groceries. Grandma even bought Easton a new carseat! He has long outgrown his infant seat, and he was unhappy and uncomfortable in it. Now in his new toddler seat (rear and front facing, don't worry) he is so much happier! He finally has room to stretch out, and he can see what's going on, he has always loved looking out the windows! That night when Ryan got home from school, we took off to dinner at our favorite restaurant we've found called Sammy's Woodfired Pizza.
Friday, Michelle and I took off to Smiths to get some stuff to make homemade laundry soap while my mom stayed with Easton during his nap. We made the soap and it made so much!!! I'm definitely going to continue making it from now on, it goes so much further than store bought detergent. That afternoon, I had to take Easton to Ryan's school as part of a pediatric evaluation for the Physical Therapy class a year ahead of Ryan. He did a great job, and LOVED all the attention the students gave him, such a flirty little guy! That night, i made dinner for everyone then my mom, Michelle and I went to get pedicures and shopping at Nordstrom Rack...my favorite!!
Saturday, Ryan went up to Mesquite to see his dad coach the USU baseball team (we wish Ryan was still playing!) And the girls and Easton took off for lunch and shopping at the mall. My mom and Michelle got a couple more cute things, and I'm proud to say I resisted buying something all weekend!! Wahoo! We got home and my mom helped me make a high chair/grocery cart cover for Easton. That night, Ryan and I took advantage of having babysitters and went to a movie! We saw Act of Valor, and it was incredible! I bawled. It was such a well made movie, and I couldn't believe how touched I was the whole time.
Sunday morning, they took off back up to Utah and I was so sad to see them go!







4 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like and sounds like you had an amazing time =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Moms and sisters are THE BEST! Glad you had so much fun with them:) Oh, and now I want the recipe you used for your detergent! Pretty please??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww he loves his grandma! His fuzzy hair is way cute.

    ReplyDelete