Friday, November 9, 2012

WICKED

I obviously haven't posted in a LONG time, and have a lot to catch up, so it's a good thing my first post back is a fun one!
My mom and sister's drove down to stay with me on Sept 25 and we saw WICKED that night. It was beyond incedible! But before I get to that, let's talk about the other fun things we also did during their quick 24 hour stay!
We went and got yummy frozen custard and Neilson's, ran some errands, went to dinner at Macaroni Grill....Wicked of course....and topped it off with a late night trip to Fremont Street. The next morning we headed down to the strip and saw the gondolas in The Venetian  and the beautiful glass flower ceiling in The Bellagio. It was so much fun, I always wish that we had family near by to be able to do things like this on more frequent occasions.
Now, about Wicked. My mom is so sweet and bought us all tickets as early Christmas gifts, and we were all so happy about it! The night we went, the main Elpheba and the understudy Elpheba, were both out, and so we got another FABULOUS girl they had flown in. I'm not kidding you, she stole the show. It was so much fun to watch! None of us have ever seen it, but all know the songs pretty well, and for thinking that we knew the whole story line, there were a lot of parts that surprised us. It was such an amazing night, and so much fun to spend it with my mom and sisters!

Macaroni Grill before Wicked

The stage of Wicked (definitely got in trouble for taking this picture)

The Broadbent girls (and our creepy eyes I can't fix)

The Venetian

me and my mom in the Venetian

Bellagio


Easton and his Aunties

Hanging out at the Belagio

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun! And WARM, it is freezing here! Me and Tyler saw Wicked on our honeymoon and it was amazing. You're right, some of the story kind of surprises you when you've only heard the music.

    ReplyDelete