Saturday, June 29, 2013

New Floors

When Ryan's Spring Break started getting closer, he decided he needed a project...so he started watching YouTube videos. This got his wheels turning, and he decided that putting in new floors would be super quick and easy and be done within 5 days. Well, I came home on Saturday from running errands, and all my carpet was on the front porch, so I guess what I thought was still our 'thinking about it' period, was actually 'Day 1.' We both ended up getting sick on Sunday, and so everything was delayed a day since we planned on getting all the furniture and little things moved out to the garage that day. So the real work started on Monday, luckily our neighbors, The Stangers, had put in their own floor, so they could help us. Also, Ryan's parents were in town for a convention, so we had their help as well in the nights. Even though the project ended up taking over a week, and I got really impatient with the mess (I HATE living in construction zones!) It is 100% worth it now! I love the new floors, and am so proud of Ryan for tackling this project on his own with a little help. He has become super handy since we moved into our own home, and I love it!
trying to clean up the dust 
no more tile = super super super dusty kitchen

beyond, messy.

starting to lay the floors


break time.

Gorgeous! New baseboards down, looking amazing!

Before and After

Before and After

Before and After

No comments:

Post a Comment