Friday, September 19, 2014

Sacramento Trip

Ryan's Grandpa Miller threw a surprise 80th birthday party for Grandma Shirley, and part of the big surprise was flying in all the family members from far away.The trip started out on a bit of a sad note for Easton....he lost one of his beloved Toby's at the airport. Luckily we still have one. After countless phone calls to the airport, shuttle service, and rental car Lost and Found Departments, I have had to accept that he is really lost. Breaks my heart for Easton, he still asks about his 'nother Toby daily. Despite that, it was so much fun to be out in California with everyone. Kim got a fun 100 year old house for us all to stay in, Easton and Claire were the only kids there, so there was a lot of fun time to hang out and talk with our siblings. We flew in late Friday night, Saturday we met with Grandpa at his ranch for a BBQ with him, Lynn and Michael, Lisa and Tim, and Joel and Melissa came with their cute new baby. Easton LOOOVED Grandpa's goat Little Lady, and fed her about ten thousand goat treats. We walked all along the gorgeous rows of mandarin trees in the orchard. Then talked and talked at the table after eating. Easton played in the sprinkler, fed the goat, played in the sprinkler, then fed the goat some more. He was in a little boys paradise! That night, we had dinner at home and swam at the house. Sunday, we hung out all morning, swam some more, and then got ready to go. We first stopped at the cemetary to see Grandma Miller's grave, then we headed to the party at a pretty little winery. It was so much fun, and she was so surprised! We met more cousins there, and figured it had been 10-12 years since Ryan had last seen them. Sonja and her son Declan sat at our table, Easton loved having a little buddy to run around with! That night, we stayed up way too late talking again with everyone. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 7:30...but Ryan and I slept through the alarm and didn't wake up until 6:30. Being 45 minutes away from the airport, plus returning the rental car, and checking baggage, we knew that wouldn't work. So we cancelled those flight and had to rebook a later time. Geez, a pretty penny later, we made it back to Las Vegas safe and sound! It was such a fun weekend and we are so glad we got to go!
Jet Setter. This kid has flown so much in his short 3 years

Little Lady.

THE cutest sprinkler jumper. EVER.

Safe to say that Grandpa pulled it off and surprised her!

No comments:

Post a Comment