Wednesday, September 30, 2009

update on the new job

ok, so our computer has been struggling for awhile, so I haven't had time to update, but I just had to put up these funny pics (be warned...I do look terrible in most, haha!) So about a week and a half ago, we finished up our week of training at Texas Roadhouse. Everyday had a theme:

Monday-biker day and classes
Tuesday-sports day and classes
Wednesday- pirate day and practice serving
Thursday- 80's day and practice serving/last day of training
Friday/Saturday- friends and family day

So these pictures were taken on Thursday after we'd finishing practicing serving to each other and we all went outside and there was a DJ, we had a HUGE dance off (from all the line dances we'd learned all week) and then all the trainers stood up and they yelled "how about we bring out the managers!!!" so everyone started cheering "MAN-A-GERS! MAN-A-GERS!..." and then all the sudden this huge army tank came around the corner and all the managers were on it, as well as Andy the Armadillo, Big Blue, etc! It was crazy! They army guys even had a cannon and shot it a couple times, all the while the DJ was booming music! haha! seriously it was so much fun, and for sure the most unique work training I've ever been to! I made so many new friends that week, and we learned so much, I feel so comfortable serving, I feel like I've been doing it forever and don't get nervous at all. Also, the time at work goes by so fast cause I'm busy the whole time and I'm there with just a whole bunch of new friends so we can just have fun together! I love my new job!!!!

Kelsey, Andy, and me


me and Michelle


me and Liz (she used to work with Ryan)


A-Dub (trainer from Kansas City), Liz, and Shireen (trainer from South Ogden)


The most awesome thing about working here at the Roadhouse in Logan, is that it is the ONLY one that has all proceeds going to the Andy's Outreach Charity organization. It's a program set up to help all the employees of Texas Roadhouse if they are caught in a hard spot. **read more about it HERE


ALSO.....if you've made it down this far, I have another new change to my hair...the owner from Rockstar extensions came to school yesterday and taught us all about his company and showed us some of his techniques for applying the extensions, and I was one of the models. I didn't get to choose the color he put in, and when he was done, I had a hot pink strand in my hair. HAHA! It's completely not me, but I don't have the tool to get it out, so until I find someone with the right tool, I'll have pink hair....nice :)

4 comments:

  1. Anna you are so funny. I am so happy you love your job and you're having fun! I hope you still have the extensions in your hair when we see you for the next FHE. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pink! and i'm so glad there are fun, exciting people to work at places like the texas roadhouse, cuz i would NEVER work there. DANCING... at WORK? oh man haha i would be a disgrace to the line dance for sure. you're so cute, cant wait till you can do hair!! how expensive are the extentions? i want purple :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never heard of training like that either! Rockin' Roadhouse how bout?! Seriously, I saw a tank just driving down the road the other day and was like, WHAT the freak! I guess now I know! By the way I Love your bangs, I tried to do that, and I loved them but I couldn't stand stuff touching my forehead! Be strong...keep them, they look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about Texas roadhouse being non profit that is SO amazing. how fun that you get to work there! We'll have to come and definitely request to be one of your tables! :) Your bangs are so cute, i think i'd better come to you to get a trim and get my bangs trimmed, i do them myself most the time, and I have no idea what i'm doing! i need help!

    ReplyDelete