Tuesday, September 6, 2011

quilting

A couple months ago, Ryan's parents came home from his grandparents house with a big bag of old San Francisco 49er's clothes. They'd all belonged to his Grandpa who'd wear them all back in the 80's and 90's to the games while they lived in the Bay Area.

Anyway, They were getting rid of all these clothes and thought Ryan might be interested in them, since he is such a big 49er's fan...well, they were a little dated! Instead of throwing them out or giving them to the DI, I decided to make a "game-day quilt" out of them. Finally months later, and a move to a different state later, I got started on the project! This has been my first sewing project in a long time, so there was a lot of trial and error involved, as well as no pattern, just guessing and placing. But I think it turned out great! There was even a little bit of left over black fabric that I had to buy, so I made Easton a matching little blanket...now my boys can watch the games in style this season!



4 comments:

  1. That is SO cute!!! Wow your so creative!!! How Fun I love nice big quilts to cuddle up in! =-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna this is awesome! You inspire me! Please teach me..

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I'm sure those two will love having their matching quilts for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I am very impressed. You will have to teach me. One day I want to take all our game day shirts and make a blanket!

    ReplyDelete