Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas this year was very fun filled, and packed with lots of family and friends! Ryan finished up his finals on Thursday the 20th in the afternoon. That night we headed to our neighbor's party for a fun white elephant exchange! We finished packing that night after Easton went to bed, and headed out first thing the next morning. We drove ALLL day long. Easton was GREAT on the way up, he watched tons of movies, mostly Mickey Mouse, I think Ryan and I had our ears ringing by the time we finally got to Logan. On the the way up, we stopped to see our friends the Davis' in Lehi and their gorgeous new little baby girl Kate, she is 3 weeks old, and I can't get enough of her! She is so perfect!

Packed up, and he has both Toby's...he was ready!
Sleeping finally for only about an hour.
Gorgeous Kate!
welcome to Logan, with all the fun deer running around the yard.
The first day we were in Utah (Saturday the 22rd) Ryan was super sick, with upset belly and he stayed in bed most the day, and we pretty much avoided him, so we wouldn't get sick too... super bummer day. Sunday though, he was feeling great! We hung out with the family. Kim wrapped lots and lots of gifts, and I helped make appetizers and snacks for the big family party the next day. Norm worked on his delicious stuffing for the turkey dinner, and went to pick up Grandma Doyle from Kaysville. It was a fun day to just hang out! Monday, Christmas Eve, finally came, and brought with it a huge snowstorm, it was BEAUTIFUL! Kim had made a yummy breakfast for everyone, and Grandma Doyle was glad she had come up the night before. Julie and Jaab came, Lauren and DJ, and later Kristin and Kasey made it, they had to drive up the crazy canyon and we were so glad they made it safely. We played games, opened gifts, and ate the amazing tukey dinner that Norm and Kim had made for us. After everyone left, we got Easton to bed, and topped off the night by watching A Christmas Story. It was a perfect Christmas Eve!

Easton helping Papa eat
E and the Tree
kids were SO excited to open their gifts!
Grandma and Grandpa spoiled them!
Look how excited he is about Christmas gifts...he had no idea what was going on! 
"Dad, what are we doing??"
OK, now he likes it!
yum!! One of my favorite parts of Christmas!
Boxes were of course his favorite part :)
Christmas morning came, and Santa found Easton! He brought him a great gift, a big blow up Spiderman ball pit, he LOOOVED it! Played in it all morning while Grandma made us her traditional Christmas morning rollers (crepes). One of our favorite breakfasts. After breakfast, we split up all the gifts for everyone to open, Grandma Doyle is very loved cause she had the most and had to open 2 on each turn, haha! Easton got some great toys this year, a Mickey Mouse, USU basketball shorts, a T-ball set, new Nikes, ornaments, some wooden Melissa and Doug toys, and a fun kicking giraffe toy. Ryan got a bunch of gift cards, to go towards a new iPad, golf certificates, new Nike shorts and tee. I was spoiled and got new clothes, a fruit basket, and a Silhouette cutting machine!

After gifts, we got Easton down for a nap, got ready for the day, packed up the car, and then headed down to North Ogden with my family. We got there a few hours before the rest of my siblings, so we put Easton down to rest a little longer before the commotion started up, and caught up with my parents. Once everyone showed up, it was a giant party, with everyone opening gifts, it was so much fun, we again were super spoiled by my family! Easton got lots of new toys, a couple tool sets, a word board, a new quilt, games, some clothes. Ryan got more gift cards for the iPad, we got a nice wet/dry vacuum. I got gift cards, clothes, the new Our Best Bites Savoring the Seasons cookbook, a nice new dutch oven, and tons more, I can't remember everything, but I do know we were so blessed and are so grateful to have family and friends who love us so much. 
My mom made a yummy Christmas ham dinner, with cheesy potatoes, it was SOOO yummy! We played games that night all night until around midnight, it was a perfect Christmas day!
Loved It Santa!
Happy Boy!
all the Christmas commotion, Easton seems worried.
The rest of our week in Ogden, we spent a lot of time with my family. We went to the Broadbent family Christmas party on the 26th. It was a super snowy day again, so not too many people were able to come up. It was still great to see everyone who was there!
Easton played and played in the snow each day, and helped Ryan and my dad shovel each morning. 
My birthday was on Thursday, the 27th. My parents got me a gorgeous new scarf, and had taken me to Wicked back in September. Ryan got me an 80-minute massage certificate, and also tickets to see the new movie Les Miserables that night. We went to lunch with a bunch of family! I was so excited to see so many people that we'd missed at the Christmas Eve party. There was us, my parents, grandparents, Michelle and Jeanette, my Aunt Jill, cousins Nick and Christian and his cute wife Sam. I don't know why I didn't get any pictures at lunch cause it was so much fun with everyone. We went to my favorite restaurant in Ogden, Roosters. That night,my parents watched Easton for us, and Ryan and I went to Costa Vida for dinner (my other favorite Utah restaurant) killed some time by watching the Flowrider and iFly people next door, then headed over the the theater for the movie. I loved the movie....but I shouldn't have had a Diet Coke with dinner, and another 44 oz. of it with popcorn during the 2 hour 45 minute movie! It was super long, and I probably would have liked it more if it were shorter, but like I said, it was awesome still. 

Broadbent party, all of Grandma and Grandpa's things were there to split up between the gandkids and to keep as momentos. I took some doilies, and made a table runner out of them, also a pretty table cloth with matching napkins, a gorgeous afgan, and a baby blanket for Easton and my future kids. 
Savannah, Jacob and Jack at the party
Broadbent Family Party, everyone that was there. 
helping dad shovel.
He loves snow!
hey mom!
mad that he couldn't pick up his ball with mittens on. 
The next day, Friday, I was lucky enough to get sick with the same thing Ryan had the night before. It was my turn to stay in bed all day. Ryan and my mom were great and took care of Easton for me, I was glad to be sick while I had both of them there and able to help. That night was my family birthday party and my siblings all came over for dinner and cake....I wasn't even able to have my Pizza Man pizza I requested. Super bummer. However, the one and only thing I was able to keep down all day was the angel food cake with berry sauce...it's my favorite for a reason!
Saturday, I was feeling a lot better, still a little weak, but we decided to brave the trip home anyway. This was probably one the most miserable drives home, since I wasn't feeling my best (and I'm easily made car-sick anyway) and Easton didn't sleep...at all....UNTIL Mesquite! We even gave him a little Benedryl and it didn't kick in until then! That kid is the worst car sleeper ever. We made it home anyway, and were glad to sleep in our own bed again and get back to our regular routine the next day!

It was such a great Holiday vacation, we love our families so much. We miss them so much, and just wish all of them would move to Las Vegas so we could have them here in the place we love so much!



1 comment:

  1. Love your update! We were so glad we got to see you at your birthday lunch!

    ReplyDelete