Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Update

So since I last checked in with the Infertility stuff last week, I went back to the doctor and got more news. Ryan came with me on Sunday to meet my doctor at the office. He was so great to meet us there when it was his day off. He needed to do another ultrasound to check if my follicle containing my eggs had grown anymore in the next couple days.
Unfortunately they hadn't. My follicles were all super tiny still, and even though I have tons of eggs, none were big enough for me to respond well to the HCG injection I was hoping to get.
Since I have so many eggs, but they don't mature, he diagnosed me with PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome). He said that with the next round of fertility medications he'd like to almost double the dose and hope that it would stimulate my ovaries more to get a better growth of the follicles.

After the past 7 months being on fertility medications, and going in for blood work labs, and consults, and ultrasounds, feeling like I live at the doctors office/pharmacy, and that my life revolves around the schedules THEY give me...I've decided to take a break. I need the time to myself, to focus on something else, and to stop putting so much pressure on my body when I have no control over the result, no matter how much time and money I spend thinking about it.

I am hoping that in the next couple months I will feel rejuvenated and ready to start up again with a more positive attitude, but for now, I'm drained of all these emotions that come with fertility treatments, and I need a little break.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry, lady. A break is exactly what you guys need. Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just now getting to read your blogs about this. First of all, I really admire that you can write about this WHILE you are going through it! I don't think I ever could have done that, but I know what a difference a great support system can make and it's also such an extra burden to carry that all around like it's a secret. Second, I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. It is such an emotional roller coaster and I don't wish it upon anyone. I know that it will make you appreciate your future children that much more because it makes you realize what a miracle each and every one of them are! And I think it's amazing what a break can do for your body and mind - it's such a relief to take a step back and give yourself your life back for a little bit. I really hope that you are able to find peace during this time, and focus on YOU! I really believe everything happens for a reason - hang in there! I wish we lived closer to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this. You are so strong. I hope this time to yourself helps and that things can get better. We need to come to Vegas again and see you guys.

    ReplyDelete