Friday, November 28, 2008

Spider Bite!


i have NO idea where this came from! i noticed a slight red spot on the side of my hand as I was getting ready for bed on Tuesday night, but I didn't think twice about it. Then Wednesday morning, it looked like a mosquito bite, so I put some anit-itch cream on it, and headed off to work. By about 1:30, I noticed it was definitely spreading, so I asked some girls at work about it, and they suggested drawing a circle around it so i could track how big was getting, and how quickly, so I did so. I also drew around the line i noticed coming out of it and heading up my arm) that was what I was most worried about...the infection getting into my bloodstream). And so, I came home from work, and went about my daily activities, when I needed to wash my hands, i pulled up my sleeves and noticed something bad. All afternoon, I'd been watching the small little one inch line on the top of my hand, waiting for that one to spread further, but I didn't think to pull up my sleeve and turn my arm over! to my dismay, this is what I found!

So we headed off to the Insta Care, got some anti-biotics, and now I'm feeling much better. It was really swollen yesterday, but the lines a=on my arm were gone. and today the swelling has gone down and i'm just waiting for the redness to go away. I'm feeling much better, but still wondering what it was that found me so tasty!

7 comments:

  1. Uh! That looks like it hurts! Did they know what kind of spider it was?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is SO scary!!! ugh! that would freak me out. glad it wasn't more serious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot believe something can do that to a person. You poor thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. waaah crazy! ew i hate spiders- eli always think he has a spider bite but after seeing this i'll break the bad news to him that they are always just zits!! too bad it wasnt a vampire haha (you like twilight right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it to you to get your arm chopped off due to a spider bite!! Good old Anna! I'm glad you are feeling better. Now get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna-
    Nat gave me your blog address and I am so glad that we kept hounding you and that you finally went to the dr. I am glad that all is okay. Oh and I sent you a spider bite e-mail. ENJOY!
    Sara
    dshodges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY COW!!! THAT IS CRAZY!!!
    (See, that's why I vacuum up spiders.)

    ReplyDelete