Sunday, April 5, 2009

Conference Weekend

well, this weekend Ryan was gone to Boise for baseball games, so I had to entertain myself, and I actually didn't get as much done as planned, napping was too hard to resist! So on Saturday, after I dropped Ryan off with the team, I ran a couple errands, and then came home and cleaned out our closet. It has needed it for so long!
here is the before (our pile of pajames on the shelf, and my pile of shoes on the floor....gross)

and here is the after! so much better with the drawers for p.j.'s and the over the door shoe hanger:

I watched General Confernce the whole time I did all this, and then later Danielle (a fellow baseball wife widow) came over and we watched the movie Slumdog Millionaire, it's a great movie! It was really sad, and I couldn't believe how sad of a life that the characters had, but we still had fun hanging out together! After she left, I must say it was REALLY weird to go the bed without Ryan. I had to turn off all the lights (i get so scared doing this, lame i know) and then I shut the bedroom door, and decided to lock it for extra safenesss, then I had to watch t.v. for a bit too, until I finally fell asleep...it's just weird going to bed alone, and I hated it!
Then today (Sunday) I woke up, Toto of course was there to greet me

I got up and got ready, then went down to Ogden to watch the rest of Conference with my family. Afterwards, we played on my dad's new scooter he got for Christmas. Savannah and Jordan looked so cute/funny in the HUGE helmet, haha!



Also, Savannah and Jordan are really scared of animals of all kinds, so a hyper little Toto took some warming up to, but in the end, they like him! Savannah ended up running around with him all on her own, and this is as close as Jordan got, he barely touched his ear to pet him, but they made some big improvements today!


then, to end the day, we had a birthday cake for my sister Michelle, big 29!!! happy birthday!!!

Afterwards, I came back home, dropped Toto off, (he will be missed), and then Ryan finally came home! I was so happy to see him come through the door! I definately missed him this weekend, and it looks like I'll be going through the same thing next weekend...wish me luck!

6 comments:

  1. Haha Anna after I left your house and came home, I stayed up watched greys, then when I was up stairs in bed I locked me door too and put twilight in haha I was SO scared with out Alex! Ha we are funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Conf alone too. This weekend was Michael's first weekend of drill with his unit. Nice job on the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be scared too!!! Jay D leaves early in the morning and i just hate the time i'm in bed alone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't sleep by myself either. The first couple months I was married Scott worked grave. Lets just say I get more sleep now with a toddler and a baby than I did then. I need to follow your cleaning examples. My closets are a mess too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha i thought i was the only sissy! I make my niece and nephew come sleep over when casey is gone so i'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey anna, I found your blog off of Lauren's, It was good to see you on friday, I knew who you were but it was one of those "does she know who i am?" so sorry I wasn't very friendly! But you'll have to tell me where you guys live, then we can be friends cause we won't know like anyone up here!
    PS you are so beautiful! and you and your husband are so cute.

    ReplyDelete