Wednesday, February 9, 2011

help haiti heal

Haiti definitely holds a special place in my heart...

About 4 years ago, my sister and her husband told us they were adopting two beautiful kids from an orphanage in Haiti. I remember coming back up to my dorm in Logan, from hearing the news in Ogden, and being so filled with excitement and love for these two kids, and I didn't even know them yet. A year later, in October of 2007, Michelle and Scott were able to travel to Haiti, and spend time in the orphanage getting to know they two kids before they brought them home to America. The first time we met them, it was amazing to feel the overwhelming love for these beautiful kids! They didn't know any English, and you could tell they already loved their mom and dad so much as they turned for them for comfort, even when they didn't understand a word they were saying.


Today, things are so different with Savannah and Jordan! They are both in school, and can't get enough of it! They have such fun unique personalities and an amazing love for life! I honestly can't imagine them not in our family, they fit perfectly and are meant to be in their home here.

Last year, when the earthquake hit Haiti and took so many lives. I couldn't help but feel that much more blessed for these two being in my life. I am so glad that they were here safe and sound! But there were so many others in Haiti who were hurt by the earthquake, and now a year later as they are trying to rebuild, it seems impossible to help in anyway. But even the smallest things can help. Praying, sending small donations, even just a moment of them in your thoughts.

Yesterday while out shopping with a friend, I came across these t-shirts at American Eagle. All proceeds of these shirts go to help the Haitian community rebuild their schools, and train teachers. It broke my heart when the store clerk told me they had been marked down in price from $15.50 to $9.95 because no one was buying them. They aren't listed on their online store any longer because they were a special during the month of January. But they are in stores! Go get one, and Help Haiti Heal!




1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome Anna. I love stuff like this! I really do think everyone could do more service, thanks for being so great!

    ReplyDelete