Tuesday, February 15, 2011

lovey lover face day!

I hope everyone had an awesome Valentines Day! We had a fun, low key day, which was perfect! I was on call at work, so all day we weren't sure we'd even be able to do anything together that night. But luckily I didn't get called in, and soon after Ryan got home from a long day of school and work! He had gotten me some pretty flowers, I'm in love with the light pink rose, I think it's so cute!

I had made Ryan a "deck of love" it's a deck of cards, with reasons why you love them on each one. It was a fun project to do, and fun to think about each reason you love your spouse as you write them.

I'd also made Valentine cupcakes...they were delicious! Devil's food with cream filling and chocolate ganache frosting! mmm! I'll post the recipe below!


That night, Ryan and a couple of the other husbands from one of our groups of friends, had planned a surprise dinner for all us girls. We ate yummy Gia's Italian and had my cupcakes for dessert and played games. It was fun to be able to spend Valentines not only with Ryan, but with 6 other fun couples as well!

After dinner, we came back home and watched the Lord of the Rings, Two Towers...haha, not the most romantic movie, but we're in the middle of watching the whole trilogy.

It was a perfect day, and I feel so blessed to Ryan by my side through everything. I love him so much and can't imagine what I would do without him! I'm so excited for our future together, and can't believe that next year I'll have two Valentine's to celebrate with!


Devil's Food Cupcakes with Cream Filling and Whipped Chocolate Ganache Frosting

Make your favorite kind of prepared cake mix, or from scratch. I just used Betty Crocker's Devil's Food, and they were perfect. Let cupcakes cool completely.

Cream Filling

7 oz container marshmallow cream
1/2 cup softened butter
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
1/4 teaspoon salt

With an electric mixer beat ingredients together until creamy, add a few drops of food coloring for whatever the occasion. (pink for Valentines Day, green for St. Patricks...)

Attach a large round tip to pastry bag (I just use the tips in the corner cut out of a zip-lock) and fill with cream. Insert tip into cupcake and fill until cupcake slightly expands

Ganache Frosting

12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream (not half and half!)

place chips into a work and pour cream over the top. Heat in microwave until chips are soft. Allow mixture to sit a minute in container to continue melting the chips. Stir well. Let come to room temperature. With electric mixer beat until fluffy.

Attach large star tip in pastry bag and fill with frosting. Pipe onto cupcakes.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute Valentines Day. What cute ideas to celebrate together. Congrats on the baby! You guys are too cute!

    ReplyDelete