Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Ryan!

Friday was Ryan's 23rd birthday! I have been planning it out in my mind for awhile now, and it all turned out just as I had planned. He had a baseball game that night, afterwards I had a bunch of our friends come over and I had made Barbeque Chicken Pizzas, Pepperoni Pizzas, bread sticks, and a yummy salad and a cake. All that preparation was a ton of work, but nothing compared the the preparation of his gifts! As many of you know Ryan has been wanting a Playstation 3 for a long time now! That's all he wanted, and he would tell me every day about a new "plan" he had come up with in order to get it. He even was so desperate for one, that while telling a friend at work about his undying need for a PS3, that he told her "If Anna would just let me get one, then we can have a baby!" HA! well, no need for that right now, but thanks for the permission Ryan, I'll keep that in mind! Anyway, I was not going to get him one, no way, no how, he already has a Playstation 2 that serves him fine. So I went out and got him a new shirt (the one he is wearing in the pictures), a jacket, some jeans and the new movie Ironman, which we love. So I got them all wrapped up, and set out in the family room, and I was ready for Friday to come, I had the dinner planned, the presents bought...bring on the big day! Then, Wednesday night Ryan proposed a new "plan" that sounded a little more appealing to me. This is was it was: Go to Best Buy and get the PS3. Then I could get new bedding for our new bed also (we've been looking forever for bedding, but couldn't find anything that met our criteria: green and cream, comes in a set, and a good price). So that was the new plan, I told him I'd think about it, but that we would talk about it more after his birthday. Well, little did he know, I thought it was a great idea, and if it would finally satisfy his burning desire, then I'd do it. So I headed over to Best Buy after work on Thursday and bought it. Yep. I did it. I gave in. I know all of you wives out there think I'm crazy....but I also headed over to Kohls afterwards and guess what I found...TA DAH! a 16 piece set, green and cream king size bedding set for an amazing price!!!! It was like the stars were aligning for the Doyle's that day! So I hurried home before Ryan got home from work and hid all my new purchases! Then on Friday, after the game when everyone was here, I hurried upstairs and set out the new bedding with a sign on it that read "GREEN AND CREAM = RYAN'S DREAM?" Then I came back down, sat down by Ryan and asked him to run upstairs to put away his other gifts that had already been opened. He saw the bedding, and the sign and knew that he could go get his precious PS3...little did he know, that while he had been upstairs I had got it out and set it on the floor so when he came back down he could see it all laying there. BOY WAS HE SURPRISED! He came down the stairs and saw everyone staring at him, and was really confused when he saw the camera and the video camera out...then he saw it!!!! He gasped, ran back up stairs, panicked for a minute, then came half way back down to peek out again to make sure it was real, stood back with tears in his eyes, then came down. You can see the look on his face in the pictures below. Shocked? I'd say so! He says it was his second best day of his life (second to our wedding day, aww!) So I think it was worth it! We had a really fun night!






I'm going to try to upload the video of all the action later today, but until then, enjoy the photos!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kiddo! You're wife is a girl after my own heart! You are a lucky guy! And by the way, 23?! Wow, you're gettin' old! ;)
    We went to Winnsboro last weekend...it wasn't the same without ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Ryan! Anna really spoils you. But I also really like that she held out until she got something out of the deal as well. Way to go Anna! BTW, your apartment looks really great. I'll have to get some decorating tips from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann you are are SUCH a great wife. Seriously, that is amazing. Almost as good as a 32 oz. cup filled with banana raspberry soft serve, almost. ;) Happy birthday to Ryan, sounds like it was a great day! LOVE.

    ReplyDelete