Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 03

A Favorite Photo (or two!)


Wow! There are so many favorite photos to choose from! I had to pick two, both for different reasons. The first I ended up choosing was this one above. It is a photo taken after my sister Michelle and her husband Scott were sealed to their kids for time and all eternity in the Bountiful Temple. My Grandpa Broadbent sealed the two of them as a couple in December of 2000, and my Grandpa Paulson (pictured here) sealed them to their children in the same sealing room, of the same temple, in July of 2008. Awesome.

I love this picture so much, it has my whole family in it, and they all mean so much to me! I'm so lucky to be blessed with such awesome examples that I can look up to and learn from!





The next photo I chose is of Ryan and I while we were dating. For those of you who don't know, we only dated for about 2 months until we got engaged, and then were engaged only 2 months afterwards. So in that short 4 month time period, we didn't have the time to take many pictures like most couples do. Every picture from our dating life is so special to me now. When this was taken, we were trying to see who could hollow out the frosting by eating only the cake. Ha! Ryan told me that he and his sisters used to do this growing up, so we had his sister Lauren snap a photo that night!

I'm so glad that we had her take this picture. I think we both look so happy, and content with our lives and our 'quick' decision to get married. It shows how happy we are no matter what, even doing silly things together! .....And for the record, I won the 'hollowing the frosting challenge' look how many less crumbs were on my plate!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! So funny ... we totally used to do that. Then after you eat all the cake you have to smash the frosting down onto your plate and then scrape it back up and eat it :) ... unless you are Julie ... ryan and I would have to eat her frosting too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna I love that picture at our family sealing too. I think it's fun that you are sharing these memories. Thanks again last night for the awesome cake.
    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete