Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 23, Day 24, and Day 25

I'm a couple days behind on the Blog Challenge posts due to a bad cold I caught this weekend. So today, you get 3 in one day! Lucky you (is anyone reading these anyway? comments please!!) Here we go...

Day 23 - Share a Favorite Memory

Some of my favorite memories to look back on happened in the summers growing up on Lomond View Drive. My neighborhood had 4 families all right next to each other with kids about the same age, and we had so much fun together! Playing night games, celebrating holidays, neighborhood parties, jumping on trampolines and learning to do tricks on them, running through sprinklers, melting crayons in gutters and cooking eggs in the sun, etc. All that fun stuff! One of my most fond memories happened with my neighbor Christy, and now that I look back on it, it probably was really dangerous! One of our parents had gotten something new and we took the big box it came in, and we'd both get inside and cross the street to each others houses while in it. I don't know how or why this was so entertaining, but we could have been hit! we didn't make holes to see out of or anything! Another time we would have a 'cross the street' adventure, was in a gigantic one-piece horrid zip up outfit...think a onesie for an adult, kind of like this pattern shows:
Christy got in one leg, and I was in the other, and we hopped all around in that funny outfit and thought we were hilarious! If I remember right, I think we even peed our pants in that thing!


Day 24 - 5 Things You Love About Summer

1. baseball!!
2. flip flops with sundresses
3. tanned skin
4. grilled food and campfires
5. long days!

Day 25 - A Place I Love

I'd have to say, one of my favorite places in the world is my Grandparents cabin. It's in Oakley, UT. So not too far from home, but it seems like a world away. It's in a gorgeous gated mountain community, so it's quiet with dirt roads and tons or natural landscaping everywhere you look! Every time I cook a big breakfast with bacon and pancakes, and fresh fruit, it reminds me of mornings at the cabin! We would go up there as a family a couple times a summer, and sometimes in the winter. All of us kids made friends with kids from other cabins, we'd go on 4 wheeler rides, bike rides, play on the neighbors big rope swing, play horseshoes in the backyard. We always had so much fun up there, and still do today. It's just such a relaxing environment!

3 comments:

  1. i have something nice to say! aka comment :) LOVe you anna- YES we peed our pants haha both of us. pretty sure your mom had to dispose of the onsie after that incedent!! gosh, we knew how to have a good time. i miss being little, really bad sometimes. we had the most ideal, suburban, american childhood!! awesome. like a movie! i guess a good thing about growing up and having kids of your own is you'll have someone to play with ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read everyday and love learning all the fun things about you. BUt I also want an updated monthly picture of your cute belly! How are you feeling? Everything going okay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read ever one! It makes me excited to get on and know you will have updated if no one else has :) Lets get together soon!!! Oh and you should let me know when Ryan plays over here again

    ReplyDelete