Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 05

Top Ten Pet Peeves

This may come off as a negative post, and I want to remind you all, that I am generally a positive-'the glass is half full' type of person. However, I am human, and I don't mean to offend any of you, if you happen to do these things....In my defense, it took me a LONG time to come up with 10 things that bug me!

  1. Kids that are not properly dressed. I.E. no coat on a cold windy day, or no shoes and running around. These things happen ALL THE TIME at the 2 main places I go, Ryan's baseball games, and work at Texas Roadhouse. This past weekend for example, I was dressed in a hoodie, pants, tennis shoes, and a blanket, when a family came strolling in with their 3 kids in t-shirts and shorts. Hello! Do you not see the 45 degree weather, and the fact that it is a 3 hour baseball game, those kids are going to freeze! And then the kids with no shoes on, this happens WAY to often at the restraunt! I guess unless you've worked in one, you don't know how dirty the floors can be. But at Texas Roadhouse, we blatantly have peanut shells all over the floor (ouch!) and you don't know if a plate was dropped and shattered on the floor 10 minutes ago. Sure, we sweep that up, but there could be little shards of glass that won't get picked up until closing sweeps and mops come out.
  2. Overuse of the words 'like' and 'actually'. I think this is self explanatory, and I'm sure that I've been victim of it plenty of times. But it gets fairly distracting when you're listening to a story being told, and all you can focus on is the count in your head of how many times these words have been said. When the conversation is over, I probably have no idea what you've just told me!
  3. Chewing and Talking at the same time. Back to work at Texas Roadhouse ( a lot of my pet peeves come from there) I have learned to deal with chewing with your mouth open people, but when it comes to TALKING with your mouth open...this is a different story. I'd rather get the pointer-finger telling me to hold on while you swallow, or heaven forbid your friend that you are with speak up and answer! No, no, you want to tell me just how awful your steak is while you're eating it...and I'll believe you too, it honestly doesn't look that satisfying after I see the mutilated piece of meat mixed with mashed potatoes and salad in your mouth.
  4. Demeaning comments followed by a pause, and then "just kidding!!" No you are not! To every comment, there is a little bit of truth behind it. I'll just leave it at this, "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all" (good old Bambi wisdom)
  5. Drivers not knowing how to use a 4-way stop. This usually doesn't happen at a conventional 4 way stop, but what I'm talking about, is when the power goes out and all traffic light intersections are turned into 4-way stops. I swear people get so flustered, and just have staring contests with each other while revving their engines teasing everyone else that "I'm gonna go now, and I hope it's my turn, but if I hit you, then it's your fault!"
  6. Parents that leave their kids with you in public places. This is another happening that happens all to often at baseball games. Mostly when I bring Tillis with me. Strangers will come and ask if their kids can pet him, and of course I say yes. But when I turn around and you're gone, and your kids have been hanging out there for about a half hour, trying to ride the dog, I get annoyed. This happened this past weekend to a girl from the opposing team. The dad let his 4 kids hang out with her dog while he took a 20 minute phone call from the opposite feild, just assuming she'd babysit for a bit. It's annoying.
  7. Unflushed toilets in public restrooms. I feel like this is a universal pet peeve. It's gross, and no one wants to see it. What I don't understand however, is why NO ONE decides to reach their foot to the flusher, and flush it for whoever was to good to do that in the first place. Just do it, and then use another toilet if you're still grossed out!
  8. Almost empty tupperwares, expired food, and moldy or limp veggies. When they have been sitting in the fridge for who knows how long, they deserve to be thrown away. That's all.
  9. Girls who wear unseasonable clothes. I agree with you Logan girls, I want it it to truly be spring outside, but just because the calendar says it should be warm, doesn't mean that it is. So please keep your tiny little shorts, and low cut tank tanks in your closet until it's actually warm. They look ridiculous paired with big UGG boots, and snowboarding coats.
  10. Saying 'hello' or asking questions to tables and being ignored. Last one, again has to do with my Texas Roadhouse experience. It is so rude when you greet a table, say hello introduce yourself, and ask how the guests are doing, and they just stare at you with no answer, or just pretend they are lost in their menu. I know you are hungry, and probably very irritable until your giant beer is placed in front of you, but I can't get you the food and drink you need until you talk to me. So don't ignore your server, they get you want you want and "need" so please give them the time of day and treat them like the fellow human being they are, and not like a piece of yesterdays trash.
Alright, I think I have proved my point. I promise from now on I will try not to be so nit-picky and negative, but hey, it was today's subject!

1 comment:

  1. your so cute anna! I love reading your blog! I'm not the best at leaving comments all the time but I read it everytime!!! =-)

    ReplyDelete