Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 12

A Favorite Quote


"Be kind. Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

- Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Small and Simple Things


There are so many great quotes out there. I think you hear someone quote something at least once a day. Sometimes they don't really stick, but when you come across them again, you think, "I've heard that before" and you subconsciously have remembered it all along. That is what this quote is to me. Every time I run across it, it hits home to me over and over again.

Sometimes I get too caught up in my own world, and I need to remember to slow down and think of others before myself. My life is so much easier compared to some of those around me, and I need to be careful of my whining and complaining, and remember to be grateful and have a humble attitude.

I think that Marjorie Pay Hinckley is an incredible example to women everywhere. No matter what your beliefs, she believed simply in living a happy life, full of kindness and giving. She and her husband's relationship is always one of the first I think of when I think of how I want my future to be. They are a beautiful and blessed couple.

1 comment:

  1. Love that I am blog stocking you!! That's the kind of day it's been for me...the don't feel like doing anything and feel sorry for myself day :( but this has been so fun, seriously because it makes me think of the things I do know about you and a little bit as to why you are the way you are! The motion sickness story made me laugh...those little white pills we went searching for in Newport!! and your dream house, how you are making your Vegas home into some of what you love! and this quote made me happy, because making new friends is so dang HARD...but if I think of this that every new person I meet is fighting too, I should stop feeling sorry for myself and get out there and be that friend I want!! You are my hero missy!! love ya to high heaven!

    ReplyDelete