Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 21

A Travel Story

It seems like the only travel stories I can come up with, are the ones that involve me getting motion sickness and then throwing up. Remember this story from 3 months ago?? At least that time, I had morning sickness and pregnancy to put the blame on. On our honeymoon, I didn't have any such luck...

Ryan took me to his families condo in Capitola, CA for our honeymoon, it was a perfect honeymoon, right on the beach! We flew in and out of the San Jose airport, so it wasn't a long flight, at all. On our flight home, we flew on one of those small Delta Connection planes, so it was more cramped, which meant the turbulence was a little worse. I remember the pilot announced we were descending into Salt Lake, and we were playing the crossword puzzle in the back of the magazines you find on airplanes. All of the sudden (it really was so sudden) I grabbed the 'barf bag' from the seat pocket right in front of me, and I threw up. I don't think Ryan really even knew what was going on until it was all over. Gross. And humiliating! Who throws up on their honeymoon flight...THIS GIRL! I guess I was lucky that we were landing so I didn't have to feel that way for the rest of the flight. We were on the ground probably 5 minutes later, and I felt much better! I threw my little bag away as soon as we got in the airport, and then we were good!

Seriously though. I need to remember to take Dramamine every time I travel. I usually just hope for the best, and end up with the worst! Lesson learned though, from now on, I will always have those little white pills in my purse as an emergency back up plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment